TransMY did not get involved in any events until 2007, that is 4 years after its founding. During our infancy in that 4 years, we are only active online and our activities are 100% online.
After the media noticed us in 2007, we embarked in a presence offline, away from the virtual world where real people among fans teamed up to execute some of the most important event projects.
Apart from that, our activities also revolves around more casual stuff such as unofficial meetings among fans in public places such as eateries or malls. We call them ‘yumchar’ sessions. For a list of stuff we do, here goes:
- Yumchar sessions – literally means ‘drink tea’ as in tea sessions in Cantonese dialect. In TransMY, this is known as ‘meet ups’ or ‘hangout sessions’, a session of casual meets among fans who share their latest hauls and catching up with one another. Yumchar session can be organised by almost any registered member but usually spearheaded by a Moderator. Yumchar cliques are active in Petaling Jaya and Penang.
- Gatherings – this is usually an official meet up which was planned many months ahead. This event usually involves a team being formed as committees where a venue is being booked for that purpose, with reasonable funding needed to get gifts for raffle, competition and quizzes. The official gathering usually lasts for at least 5 hours with a program carefully planned for the evening. Members must wear provided lanyard and tags prior to registration. The fees paid will go for the foodies and prizes.
- Expo – just like any business expo, this event is usually a Transformers movie launch expo where TransMY will contribute toys as the display. This will the ‘meat’ of the event to attract visitors and boost the franchise further.
- Toy fairs – we are usually invited as a sponsored guest, setting up booths and promoting the franchise voluntarily. Sometimes involved in workshops where our resident customisers and kitbashers are invited for talks.
- Premiere – TransMY as one of the biggest fan base in Malaysia have been enjoying the benefit of watching all Transformers movie the earliest in Malaysia. This is the result of us working closely with United International Pictures (UIP) Malaysia. Our premiere is usually a day earlier than the Malaysian nationwide release.
- Advertorials – Only started in 2011 with AirAsia Megastore as our first. Our editors will blog about products and services of our clients. Editorial material is usually Transformers or toys related.
The expo and toy fair that we have been involved are as follows;
- Robotcon 2007 at Cineleisure, Mutiara Damansara.
- Queensbay Transformers Fair 2009 at Queensbay Mall, Penang.
- Malaysian International Toy Fair 2010 at Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur.
- 1Utama Transformers Dark of The Moon Rollout 2011 at 1Utama, Bandar Utama
- Genting Highland Transformers Movie Carnival 2011 at First World Plaza, First World, Genting Highlands
- Queensbay Transformers Fair 2011 at Queensbay Mall, Penang.
- CSL Transformers Dark of The Moon fair at Lowyat Plaza, Kuala Lumpur & Queensbay Mall, Penang.
- Malaysian International Toy Fair 2011 at Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur (TBC)
- Digital Lifestyle Expo 2011, KLCC, Kuala Lumpur (TBC)
The movie premiere that we have been attending so far:
- Transformers Movie at Cineleisure, Mutiara Damansara
- Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen at Cineleisure, Mutiara Damansara
- Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon at GSC, 1Utama, Bandar Utama
The official gatherings that we have organised so far:
- First official gathering at Little Penang, Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur
- Second official gathering at TJ Haus, SS15, Subang Jaya
- Third official gathering at Cineleisure, Mutiara Damansara
- Fourth official gathering at The Lakeview Club, SS12, Subang Jaya
TransMY is currently active in 2 chapters – Klang Valley chapter and Penang chapter. Klang Valley chapter organises their meet ups on almost every Friday in Amcorp Mall, right after office hours.
Penang chapter meet up every month, usually on the second Saturday of the month.
Feel free to join us in any one of those chapters!